Monday, December 31, 2012

Thoughts on New Year 2013

The end of another year...I know this sounds so cliche, but it really does feel like we were just celebrating New Year 2012. I know a lot of things happened in the past 365 days, but I don't know that I can remember them all without looking at Facebook. I know I started working at the library, the first job I have had that I really WANTED, I just didn't have to take it because I needed it. That was a nice first. It was the year Clare started going to school for full days every day. I saw Duran Duran again this year (always a good thing). I did my first play in around 8 years (another really good thing) and Clare was in it with me, which was her first play ever (a really great thing!). We added to our animal family (2 new dogs, 2 new cats). There have been lots of other things, but those are the ones I remember without any prompting. 
So what will 2013 bring? I think this will be the year I apply to grad school to get my Master's in Library Science. I will be doing at least one more play. One of my best friends is getting married in a few months and both Clare and I are in the wedding, so we will be going to AUSTIN TX soon (this is a WONDERFUL thing). I have kept up with this blog pretty decently, so I think I will stick with that. No followers yet, so it's still kind of just like a diary, but that's okay for now. 
I read 100 books this year...can I break that number this year? Of course I can! What number should I try to hit this coming year? Thoughts anyone? Increase by 10%, by 20%? 
Really, I just hope that this is a year that my family does well. That we are all happy and healthy and safe. In this crazy world, that last word - safe - means so much more. It's not just happy and healthy anymore. Please let my family be safe. And I hope that for you and your families in the new year - be happy, be healthy and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment